Discussion on the state of cloud computing and open source software that helps build, manage, and deliver everything-as-a-service.
Virtual Build a Cloud Day 2/28 & 2/29
On February 28th and 29th we'll be holding a two day session focusing on the open source technologies you can use to build, manage and deploy an open source cloud compute environment as well as DevOps presentation on operational methodologies for managing "cloudy" infrastructure. The program will feature speakers from CloudStack, Citrix, Xen.org, Red Hat, Gluster, PuppetLabs, Opscode, Zenoss and enStratus.
Even if you can't attend all the sessions feel free to sign-up and we'll make our best effort to get you links to recordings and slide decks after the event.
Day 1 Agenda
Day 1 of Build an Open Source Cloud Day will focus on the infrastructure that compromises an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing environment. The speakers will outline options for virtualization, storage and orchestration that provide the foundation for an open source cloud compute environment.
- 10:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. - Welcome & Introduction to Open Source Cloud Computing - Mark Hinkle, Director, Cloud Computing Community, CloudStack.org
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Cloud Computing with Xen Cloud Platform - Todd Deshane, Evangelist , Xen.org
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Distributed Pedabyte Scale Cloud Storage with Gluster - John Mark Walker, Director of Communities, Red Hat/Gluster
- 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Deploying Infrastructure-as-a-Service with CloudStack - David Nalley, Community Manager, CloudStack.org
Day 2 Agenda
Build a Cloud Day 2 will focus on the tools you can use to manage and deploy cloud computing infrastructure. Find out how to rapidly provision and configure infrastructure using tools that automate your management tasks then learn about methodologies for deploying
To register for this live event via the GoToMeeting Registration. (All times are EST).
- 10:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. - Introduction to Puppet, Configuration Management and IT Automation Software, Luke Kanies, Founder PuppetLabs
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Automating your Cloud Deployments with Opscode Chef, Matt Ray, Senior Technical Evangelist, Opscode
- 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Monitoring the Cloud with Zenoss Core, Simon Jakesch, Principal Engineer Zenoss
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - DevOps Your Competitive Advantage in the Cloud, John M. Willis, enStratus