Discussion on the state of cloud computing and open source software that helps build, manage, and deliver everything-as-a-service.
Cloud Computing Evangelist Needed - Silicon Valley
Citirx is looking for someone to help promote and support the Apache CloudStack community in Silicon Valley. This is an awesome opportunity to help grow the CloudStack project and interact with other open source cloud projects. The original job posting and application can be made on the Citrix Career website.
The Citrix Open Source Cloud Evangelist will be an advocate for the Apache CloudStack project and be primarily be engaged with open source CloudStack users and developers of the Apache foundation project. In addition the Open Source Cloud Evangelist will be responsible for representing Citrix and explaining their products and services in the appropriate venues.
As an evangelist for CloudStack the candidate will provide education and support to end-users. They will conduct product demonstrations, training and provide other forms of assistance to Apache CloudStack users via online communications (IRC, Mailing Lists, forums, wikis) to insure their success using and adopting the open source CloudStack IaaS platform.
In addition the ideal candidate will also facilitate developer relations and encourage code contributions from the community. This includes being a liaison between the developers of CloudStack and facilitating participation in the Apache CloudStack community. The ideal candidate will facilitate communication between core developers and those interested in submitting enhancements, reporting bugs or requesting product features.
The evangelist must be able to individually solve problems proactively and seek help from more experienced team members or other available sources (i.e. knowledge base, manuals, etc.) when necessary. The position requires a team player with a high level of accountability that seeks to supplement their skills through the use of project experience, self-study manuals, and point of need training.
The candidate must also understand that open source communities are meritocracies where influence is often measured by their ability to participate in venues most frequented by open source users and interact with the appropriate social norms for these groups. The Open Source Cloud evangelist will strive to demonstrate their abilities to be a leader in these communities and act as an individual who represents the best interests of those communities.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
The CloudStack Evangelist will be an ambassador for the Apache CloudStack project interacting with open source communities and prospects primarily online and when required for in person opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- • Travel as required
- • Emerges as a significant contributor and leader on project efforts, with the ability to assume responsibility/ownership for entire project components
- • Experience and good reputation as an active participant in open source projects
- • Grows technical capacity beyond CloudStack and underlying technologies. Able to breakdown complex problems into manageable pieces and follow a structured process to resolve them.
- • Ability to check in code to source control repositories (Git, SVN, etc.)
- • Provide technical assistance to users through online channels especially CloudStack.org (Forums, Mailing Lists, Blogs and IRC)
- • Help promote CloudStack through social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- • Proactively, clearly, and openly shares information and ideas with others; asks for, listens to, and uses feedback and input
- • Ability to develop and maintain relationships within complimentary open source projects and user organizations
- • Able to articulate and understand the use cases for CloudStack
- • Experience consuming, evangelizing or delivering enterprise software solutions
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal presence with the ability to educate, persuade, and influence others
- • Ability to present to small or large groups, both via online/internet meeting and in person
- • Participate as a speaker, exhibitor and presenter at events relevant to the CloudStack community or to Citrix user groups
- • Training users within a technical environment
Exposure & and an understanding of the following technologies:
- o IaaS, Paas and SaaS software development models
- o Installation and basic systems administration of Linux systems
- o Familiarity with at least two of the following virtualization technologies (VMware, XenServer, KVM, OracleVM, Microsoft Hyper-V)