Building the Cloud: Notes on Apache CloudStack (incubating)
Notes on work that's going on in the Apache CloudStack (incubating) project. Event announcements, progress reports, and more.
CloudStack Docs Sprint Friday
Apache CloudStack 4.1.0-incubating is in full swing, a lot of work going on right now to fix bugs, stabilize features, etc. We’re also working to get the documentation done and reviewed for the release, so that folks who use CloudStack will have the finest possible FM to R.
Here’s the details:
- When: March 1st, 2013 from 16:00 to 23:00 UTC (that’s 08:00 to 15:00 Pacific time, 11:00 to 18:00 Eastern).
- Where: On IRC - the #cloudstack-dev channel on Freenode.
- What: Going though all doc component bugs that remain for 4.1, and/or testing documentation and filing any new bugs.
- Who: Anyone is welcome to join - doc contributors needed, but also anyone willing to help QA the bugs is more than welcome.
- Why: Because we want useful, accurate documentation that’s ready by the 4.1.0-incubating release.
Now, it’s entirely possible that those times are inconvenient for some people. (Especially if you insist on sleeping and having a personal life…) That doesn’t mean you’re being left out, it means you have an opportunity to organize another doc sprint that will likely appeal to a different group of contributors who may be available at the same time(s) you are. Or work on docs outside those times and submit bugs, patches, etc. Whatever works for you, but we hope that the sprint will be useful for a number of contributors.
This will be a good time to get fixes and new docs in, and clear reviewboard of any lingering patches that need to be reviewed, etc. It’s also going to be a great time to talk to other folks who work on docs, in case you have any questions about patches, submitting fixes, and so forth. Hope to see you online next Friday!