Discussion on the state of cloud computing and open source software that helps build, manage, and deliver everything-as-a-service.
Cloud Talks from ApacheCon NA 2013
Last week's ApacheCon featured a ton of talks on open source cloud computing especially related to Apache CloudStack and Hadoop. Here's a list of the cloudier talks and the archives to most of the presentations which are available for download.
- Apache CloudStack's Plugin Model: Balancing the Cathedral with a Bazaar - Don Lafferty, Citrix
- Top 10 Network Issues in Apache CloudStack - Kirk Kosinski
- DevCloud: A CloudStack Sandbox - Sebastien Goasguen
- Keynote Panel: Apache in Business - Phil Robb of Hewlett-Packard, Mark Hinkle of Citrix, and Bertrand Delacretaz of Adobe
- Creating pools of Virtual Machines <– Andrei Savu - http://www.slideshare.net/savu.andrei/creating-pools-of-virtual-machines-apachecon-na-2013
- Powering CloudStack with Ceph RBD - Patrick McGarry, InkTank
- Software Defined Networking in Apache CloudStack – Chiradeep Vittal
- Scalable Object Storage with Apache CloudStack and Apache Hadoop
- Hadoop and HBase on the Cloud: A Case Study on Performance and Isolation - Kosntantin Shvachko, Jagane Sundar
- Getting Hadoop, Hive and HBase up and running in less than 15 minutes - Mark Grover, Cloudera
- 7 Deadly Hadoop Misconfigurations - Kathleen Ting, Cloudera
- Casandra In Action - Yuki Morishita, Data Stax
- Getting to Know Apache CloudStack - Joe Brockmeier
There were a ton of good presentations on how Apache projects were running the cloud and I couldn't make it to all of them but many of these were excellent. My favorite was Chiradeep's overview on SDN it was probably the best presentation on what SDN is and how it relates to real clouds I have seen so far.