If you use the Xen Project Hypervisor, you have a rare opportunity to share what you've learned with your peers. On September 15, 2014 in New York City, we will be holding our second annual Xen Project User Summit -- and we want you to join us there!
We are looking for talk proposals which will be of interest to other Xen Project users. Subjects of interest include (but are not limited to):
- How you use our project’s software in your datacenter or lab
- How you integrate the Xen Project hypervisor in your solution or cloud
- How you control the software with custom scripts or utilities
- Why you chose Xen Project software instead of some other hypervisor
- How much you time or money you saved by using our software
- Where you’d like to see our project go in the future
Also, we’d welcome talks about:
- Features of recent releases and how you use them
- New projects building on Xen Project software which could open new avenues for end users (like the work around GPU virtualization, cloud operating systems like MirageOS, and additional architectures like ARM)
- Instructive HowTo sessions to educate attendees about implementing particular capabilities within the software
- The use of related products and projects (like XenServer, Xen Orchestra, CloudStack, etc.) to make our software even more powerful in the datacenter
This promises to be one of the best opportunities for users and integrators to come together and learn from people who have plenty of insight into using Xen Project software. This may be the best chance all year for users to become educated about the hypervisor and the subprojects.
Want to know more? Go to our video archive and view the great talks from last year's event. We try to record all talks so they will live on after the event is over. Talks are often viewed by hundreds of people over the course of a year.
Not a polished speaker? Not a problem. We are looking for interesting information; we can advise you about your presentation technique (just ask!).
Don't know if your topic will be interesting to others? Don't sweat it. Our Program Committee will review each submission carefully. Just organize your thoughts into a proposal and let us determine if it will speak to the attendees.
Last year, we had the laudible problem of having more solid submissions than we could schedule, This year, we intend to introduce a second track to make room for even more interesting talks. So please don't hold back -- give us your best proposal (or two). You could find yourself sharing what you know with many other Xen Project users.
Integrators, Solutions Providers, and Service Providers
Do you use Xen Project software in your offerings? We welcome technical talk proposals from you, describing how and why you use the hypervisor, what architectures you use, the difficulties you faced, and the solutions you found. We absolutely do not want marketing slideware and product pitches, but we would be happy to consider presentations containing solid technical information and enlightening success stories.
About the User Summit
This year's User Summit will be held at the Lighthouse Executive Conference Center in the heart of New York City. It will be a one day event, on Monday September 15 (a perfect time to take a long weekend sightseeing in the Big Apple, for those so inclined).
The submission deadline is May 31, 2014. Go to the event’s CFP page on the Linux Foundation’s website to submit your talk proposal.
And we hope to see you in New York City!