If you’re attending LISA, or just happen to be in San Diego, come join us next Friday (December 14) for a Build A Cloud Day (BACD).
From 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., we’ll be running several sessions on cloud computing that will be worthwhile for anybody thinking about building out their own cloud. Sessions include:
- Xen Cloud Platform (yours truly)
- Delivering IaaS with CloudStack (David Nalley, Apache CloudStack)
- Automatic Configuration of Your Cloud with Puppet (Kelsey Hightower, Puppet Labs)
- Proper Instrumentation and Monitoring of CloudStack (Floyd Strimling, Zenoss)
- Scaling Storage with Ceph (Ross Turk, Inktank)
- Paving the Way to IT-as-a-Service (Rajesh Ramchandani, CumuLogic)
- Case Study: Continuous Delivery of a Cloud-Based Service (Pete Erickson, MindTouch)
The events are free, low-key, and there’s a lot of opportunity to ask questions during sessions and afterwards. If you’re still checking out cloud computing, getting ready to do a proof-of-concept, or interested in lessons learned along the way, you should show up.