Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This forum is devoted to discussions around virtualization technologies related to cloud computing including Xen Cloud Platform, KVM and VMware.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Edit Cloudstack-KVM predefined template

Edit Cloudstack-KVM predefined template 9 months 4 weeks ago #12653

• SirDerigo
  • Fresh Boarder
Good afternoon.

I´m working with CS 3.0.1 in a 4 node setup:

"Toad" Intel Pentium D925 + 4 GB RAM DDR2 as the management server.
"Yoshi" Intel Core i5 + 8 GB RAM DDR2 + 3 TB HDD as the storage server (Kypervisor: KVM)
"Luigi" AMD Phenom X6 B.E + 16 GB RAM DDR3 + 1 TB HDD as local storage (Hypervisor: KVM)
"Mario" Intel Core i7 + 16 GB RAM DDR3 + 512 GB HDD as local storage.

They are connected by a TP-link Tl-wr-1043-nd Gigabit Router.

I Whould love to use Spice as a VDI Manager for my cloud (I work with a lot of testing so, the life cicle of my VM´s is really short).

To get spice working with a KVM host you need to install some software packages and add a driver (QXL) to the virtual machine.

Here goes the question: How can i tell cloudstack that, by default he should use the QXL driver for all virtual machines?.

I was told in the IRC that i should do it through the API, but if it where a "native" way of do it so i don´t need to modify my cloudstack install, that would be awesome.

Thanks a lot.

Daniel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Edit Cloudstack-KVM predefined template 9 months 3 weeks ago #12677

• jzb
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Couldn't you create a virtual machine with the driver, etc. and then save the template and then use that for future machines?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds
About BuildaCloud.org Resources Site Info

Build a Cloud.org is a resource for those users who want to build cloud computing software with both open source and proprietary software.