Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This forum is devoted to discussions around virtualization technologies related to cloud computing including Xen Cloud Platform, KVM and VMware.
  • Page:

TOPIC: CloudStack bare metal best practice.

CloudStack bare metal best practice. 8 months 3 weeks ago #12925

• Kraev
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear All.

I looking to setup CloudStack with mixed environment contained Xen, VMware and bare metal.
Before i was happy with virtualized hosts under cloudstack and advanced zone features.

But running in bare metal i got bunch of questions and can not find answers. What i am trying to find is any best practice about bare metal implementation. Is anyone share his experience where i just not look ?

I search google, forum, kb and jira. I like to see that bare metal under heavy development and maybe we got agent soon and ability to store template on NFS instead of CIFS - great job!

So my questions right now is:
Q: Should i mix bare metal in existing advanced zone or it is better to create separate basic zone ?
Q: About mixing in advanced zone - is it correct that BM hosts should be attached directly to the untagged public network, each BM host will get public IP from zone pool on start, is it only way ?

Can somebody lit the light on this please ?
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
About BuildaCloud.org Resources Site Info

Build a Cloud.org is a resource for those users who want to build cloud computing software with both open source and proprietary software.