satis egitimisatis egitimitengda.pro
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Archived CloudStack Forums for reference purposes please direct all future inquiries to the Apache CloudStack mailing lists.

incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/mailing-lists.html
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unable to access console - Console proxy working - realhostip.com resolves - get toolbar but blank

Unable to access console - Console proxy working - realhostip.com resolves - get toolbar but blank 1 year 9 months ago #10535

• n8works
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Just installed Cloudstack 3.0.1 on CentOS6.01 with XENServer 6.0 as the hypervisor host.
Finally got an instance running, however I can't access any of the consoles from the web interface.

I can ssh to the console proxy (192.168.10.125) from the Xen host, I confirmed its listening on 443 and that my workstation (192.168.10.65) is connected.
tcp 0 0 192.168.10.125:443 192.168.10.65:51723 ESTABLISHED

It looks like I get a partially loaded window - see attached file. I can see the CTRL-ALT-DEL toolbar at the top but the console window remains blank.

Any pointers on where I can begin to dig?
It looks like the element on the page is trying to connect to my XenServer (192.168.10.55)
192-168-10-125.realhostip.com/ajax?host=...9SsCJ38s4rzai_-mnMhs

Thanks!
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Unable to access console - Console proxy working - realhostip.com resolves - get toolbar but blank 1 year 9 months ago #10536

• CloudClown
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Did you set all the iptables rules? Try temporarily turnin off iptables on your servers:
service iptable stop

This will help you determine if it is a firewall issue or not. I was having a similar issue. Also, can you describe how you setup the network? Advanced or basic? What did you fill in for th management, public and storage traffic?

Re: Unable to access console - Console proxy working - realhostip.com resolves - get toolbar but blank 1 year 9 months ago #10537

• n8works
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. I will try turning off iptables on the servers.

This is a simple 2 node config with basic networking. Everything exists on the same Layer 2 network.

Re: Unable to access console - Console proxy working - realhostip.com resolves - get toolbar but blank 1 year 9 months ago #10539

• n8works
  • Fresh Boarder
Nope. Still didn't work. However, I did have to add some ingress rules to my security group to get SSH to work to my instances. For testing I'm going to try and add the entire range of TCP & UDP ports top my ingress and egress rules to see if that helps.

Re: Unable to access console - Console proxy working - realhostip.com resolves - get toolbar but blank 1 year 9 months ago #10542

• optiplex
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 55
hi, you are using chrome? can you use with an other browser (firefox should be ok)?

Re: Unable to access console - Console proxy working - realhostip.com resolves - get toolbar but blank 1 year 9 months ago #10564

• n8works
  • Fresh Boarder
Unfortunately that did not fix the issue.

Can anyone explain exactly how the remote console process works? That may give me some insight into where to begin troubleshooting. Even easier - can anyone point me in the direction of documentation on the process?

Much appreciated!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Open@Citrix

Citrix supports the open source community via developer support and evangeslism. We have a number of developers and evangelists that participate actively in the open source community in Apache Cloudstack, OpenDaylight, Xen Project and XenServer. We also conduct educational activities via the Build A Cloud events held all over the world. 

Connect