satis egitimisatis egitimitengda.pro
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Archived CloudStack Forums for reference purposes please direct all future inquiries to the Apache CloudStack mailing lists.

incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/mailing-lists.html

TOPIC: Failing to add guest network (Basic Network)

Failing to add guest network (Basic Network) 1 year 9 months ago #10703

• tfelts0
  • Fresh Boarder
Deployed Cloudstack 3.0.1.1 on three Dell PE R servers, 1 management, 2 compute/agent and a standalone NFS server.

3xDell PowerEdge r905 servers: 1 management, 2 compute/agent and a standalone NFS server.
64 GB RAM on the Cloudstack servers.

I'm having a problem creating the guest network through the first login Wizard and editing a Zone through the UI. For the wizard, I step through the Basic network configuration of a Zone using the configuration specified below. Each Cloudstack server has a single NIC and a static IP. The Zone launch at the end always fails on the guest network setup. The dialog box states it fails and then has "Error:" but no text with it. In this state the Zone is created but I have to create the pod, cluster, host, storage and networking configuration using the UI.

Adding a guest network to a zone via the UI. Infrastructure->Zone->Physical Network->PhysicalNetworkinBasicZone0>Guest (configure)->IP Ranges. I add the guest network gateway, netmask and ip ranges associated with the vpoc_pod_1 pod, The icon spins and spins with a status message "Adding". I have to click on a tab or refresh the page or else it stay in the "Adding" state. Viewing the guest network config panel there is guest network added. I don't see any errors being logged in management-server.log, api-server.log or catalina logs.. I'm using Chrome as a browser and I opened up Firebug for debugging purposes. I can see API calls being made in Firebug but didn't see the call after clicking the guest network IP Addresses entry "Add" button. I did see a javascript error. Adding the guest network resulted in the following error displayed in firebug:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null
cloudStack.sections.system.naas.mainNetworks.guest.detailView.tabs.ipAddresses.custom.$.multiEdit.add.action system.js:940
$.fn.multiEdit.$addVM.bind.addItem multiEdit.js:804
$.fn.multiEdit.listView multiEdit.js:853
jQuery.event.handle jquery.js:2926
jQuery.event.add.elemData.handle.eventHandle jquery.js:2560

I reviewed system.js to get a better understanding for the property read error. I've pasted a code snippet below. It appears related to a 'selectedGuestNetworkObj' object...

add: {
label: 'label.add',
action: function(args) {
var array1 = [];
array1.push("&podid;=" + args.data.podid);

array1.push("&networkid;=" + selectedGuestNetworkObj.id) <<<<
line 940.
array1.push("&gateway;=" + args.data.gateway);
array1.push("&netmask;=" + args.data.netmask);
array1.push("&startip;=" + args.data.startip);
if(args.data.endip != null && args.data.endip.length > 0)
array1.push("&endip;=" + args.data.endip);

Our test environment has a vanilla network setup. Single subnet for physical and virtual networks, 10.51.154.0/23. The details for my Zone configuration are below. The attached management-server and api-server logs should reflect the start-up of cloud-management service, login to the Web UI on to the failed guest network add. I attached a screen shot of the guest network add attempt for context although no error messages are rendered.

I've removed and re-installed Cloudstack on the management and agent servers a few times. I dropped the cloud and cloud_usage databases and removed /etc/cloud configs before each re-install. I never made it through a successful guest network add.

Any ideas why I'm running in to problems adding a guest network? I can't proceed further without a guest network. I'd appreciate any assistance or guidance. I can also delete the zone and walk through the initial Basic networking Zone setup Wizard if that would help.

Network Environment:
Physical network:
Management Host: 10.51.154.17 (vpoc8w153m3)
Agent Host: 10.51.154.15 (vpoc6w153m3)
Gateway: 10.51.154.3
Netmask: 10.51.154.0/23

Agent Bridge brctl info:
brctl show
bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
cloud0 8000.000000000000 no
cloudbr0 8000.0024e8369c02 no eth0
virbr0 8000.525400ab3cd2 yes virbr0-nic

Zone Details:
Zone: ROC-VPOC-LAB
Network (Basic): 10.51.154.0/23

Pod: vpoc_poc_1
Netmask: 255.255.254.0
Start IP: 10.51.155.5
End IP: 10.51.155.10

Cluster: vpoc_cluster_1
KVM Hypervisor

Guest Network:****** Fails everytime I try to add the guest network.
Pod:default
Start IP: 10.51.155.30
End IP: 10.51.155.100

Management Network:
Pod: default
Start IP: 10.51.155.5
End IP: 10.51.155.10

Storage Network
Pod:default
Start IP: 10.51.155.11
End IP: 10.51.155.15

I'm using the same physical NFS server without two different exports.

Primary Storage: nfs_store
NFS nfsserver:/mnt/1 (exported)

Secondary Storage: nfs_secondary
nfs://nfsserver/template_store (exported)

UPDATE 5.9.2012:

I am no longer having this issue after a clean re-install. I had tried a re-install a few times prior but ended with the same results/issues reported here. I'm not sure why this last re-install worked. I'm using the same Zone configuration that I used in the past with the exception of the pod name. The Zone setup wizard launched the zone and it completed all the component configurations, including guest network, without a problem. The zone was up and running after the launch and the host was connected to the cloud without the need to run 'cloud-setup-agent'. I'm frustrated that I don't have a clue why the setup worked. The cloud is up but I did run in to some issues with secondary storage and the system vm's. Those are resolved now as well. I had to delete the console proxy instance. A new console proxy instance was created and successfully launched.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by tfelts0. Reason: Updating status
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Failing to add guest network (Basic Network) 1 year 9 months ago #10762

• tfelts0
  • Fresh Boarder
Regarding the system.js javascript error I was seeing. It appears to me the API call to listNetworks of traffictype Guest was returning an empty result.

From api-server.log:
listNetworks&listAll;=true&trafficType;=Guest&zoneid;=fb2b0060-2b76-470f-a2e7-63f644f56be3&response;=json&sessionkey;=0qOvuPmk2iqSipQTOnSRwKWWXO8%3D&_=1336389451545 200 { "listnetworksresponse" : { } }

I had meant to mention this in my original post. In case someone else runs in to this issue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Open@Citrix

Citrix supports the open source community via developer support and evangeslism. We have a number of developers and evangelists that participate actively in the open source community in Apache Cloudstack, OpenDaylight, Xen Project and XenServer. We also conduct educational activities via the Build A Cloud events held all over the world. 

Connect