Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Archived CloudStack Forums for reference purposes please direct all future inquiries to the Apache CloudStack mailing lists.

incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/mailing-lists.html

TOPIC: Cannot access vnc console

Cannot access vnc console 1 year 9 months ago #8798

• josh0629
  • Fresh Boarder
I installed CloudStack 3.0 in CentoS 6.2. Everything works well, SSVM created and running, Console VM created and running. But i got an issue when i tried to access those VM's via console.

It is giving me "Unable to start console session as connection is refused by the machine you are accessing"

I've been troubleshooting this issue for the past 2 days but still no success.

I only have basic networking configure and i can create instances, only left is the above issue a got.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot access vnc console 1 year 9 months ago #8815

• tungvs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've got this problem today. So, you can try debug this way:

- can the management & your PC client (from which you browse the management UI) can resolve the x-x-x-x.realhostip.com to the x-x-x-x, which is your public IP of the Console Proxy system vm ? If not, using hosts file to achieve this.

- ssh to your console proxy, using netstat to check if the ports are opened (443-HTTPS). Using tcpdump to check if the packets from your PC client can reach the CPVM or not. If they can't, check your firewall, networking, ... etc on the way the packets travel.

In my case, the service ports are not opened, and I have to /etc/init.d/cloud stop then start to make it works. Maybe it's the bug, or the service doesn't automatically start up when the server's up.

Good luck.

Re: Cannot access vnc console 1 year 8 months ago #8840

• kirkkosinski
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Run the following on the KVM host(s) and paste the output:

netstat -plnt|grep qemu-kvm

Re: Cannot access vnc console 1 year 8 months ago #8843

• kirkkosinski
  • Senior Boarder
I'm having a similar issue on Acton beta 3. There is a bug filed here:
bugs.cloud.com/show_bug.cgi?id=13393

Re: Cannot access vnc console 1 year 8 months ago #8845

• josh0629
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried to change my KVM host to Ubuntu 10.04 and i can access the VNC console now. Im not sure if the issue in on the Ip Tables configuration as the error sayas access denied by the host. Now my problems is changing the realhost ip domain. I change it already on the global settings and restart the could-management services and stop and start the console proxy, but it is still using the x-x-x-x.realhostip.com domain. I want to access the vnc console from outside using my public domain name but cannot because of this.

Thanks

Re: Cannot access vnc console 1 year 8 months ago #8851

• kirkkosinski
  • Senior Boarder
josh0629 wrote:
I tried to change my KVM host to Ubuntu 10.04 and i can access the VNC console now. Im not sure if the issue in on the Ip Tables configuration as the error sayas access denied by the host.
If it is the same issue as what I reported, it will be fixed in 3.0 GA.
josh0629 wrote:
Now my problems is changing the realhost ip domain. I change it already on the global settings and restart the could-management services and stop and start the console proxy, but it is still using the x-x-x-x.realhostip.com domain. I want to access the vnc console from outside using my public domain name but cannot because of this.
The procedure is significantly more involved. It is explained in the admin guide under "Changing the Console Proxy SSL Certificate and Domain" (currently section 11.3.1).
download.cloud.com/releases/acton/CloudS...nBeta3AdminGuide.pdf
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Open@Citrix

Citrix supports the open source community via developer support and evangeslism. We have a number of developers and evangelists that participate actively in the open source community in Apache Cloudstack, OpenDaylight, Xen Project and XenServer. We also conduct educational activities via the Build A Cloud events held all over the world. 

Connect