Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This forum is dedicated to discussions around storage and networking in cloud computing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: DHCP?

DHCP? 8 months 2 weeks ago #12935

• gwyden
  • Fresh Boarder
ok looking around I have found references to CloudStack providing DHCP but for the life of me I can't find exactly how that is functioning. Can anyone confirm for me that cloudstack is in fact still supplying the DHCP information? The short story is we have custom routers deployed for a few business units and would like to get DHCP working for them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: DHCP? 8 months 2 weeks ago #12954

• gwyden
  • Fresh Boarder
I was able to modify DHCPD to perform a query against a mysql table when a request comes in similar to the LDAP integration. The performance in our small(ish) scale environment is perfect and works for both windows and linux guests.

Re: DHCP? 8 months 1 week ago #12962

• jorgelimon
  • Fresh Boarder
why not shared this method with us?

Re: DHCP? 8 months 1 week ago #12963

• gwyden
  • Fresh Boarder
Absolutely will once I get the time to write it up. I left this note to remind myself what was done and hopefully guide the more technically savvy amongst us to a self generated solution.

Hopefully i have have some time in the next two weeks to get something more official together and share with the class.

Re: DHCP? 8 months 1 week ago #12965

• jorgelimon
  • Fresh Boarder
Perfect :)

Re: DHCP? 3 months 4 weeks ago #13107

• markspend1
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Guys i think that dhcpd is the name of a system that runs as a daemon on a hosting server to offer Powerful variety settings Method assistance to a system.This referrals execution of DHCP is designed by the internet techniques Range.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
About BuildaCloud.org Resources Site Info

Build a Cloud.org is a resource for those users who want to build cloud computing software with both open source and proprietary software.