satis egitimisatis egitimitengda.pro
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This forum is dedicated to discussions around storage and networking in cloud computing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Add secondary storage fail

Add secondary storage fail 1 year 11 months ago #9840

• Akasha
  • Junior Boarder
Hi all,

I have just finish the install of cloudstack and configure it, i can added the secondary storage for template and iso but i have a bad issues in cloudstack host alert "nfs://ip_adress/mnt/secondary Alert state detected". I read a lot of post of people who seem have the same problem of me. So i had the nfs ip in the global seeting secstorage.allowed.internal.sites and i stop iptable "/etc/init.d/iptables stop" but secondary storage don't work.
When i tried to add an iso, seem work but i don't see it in the nfs share.
I tried to run the test configuration script who is locate in /usr/local/cloud/systemvm/ssvm-check.sh but i have not this script :-/ !

i run cloudstack 3.0 on a Red Hat 5 and i have vmware hypervisor.

Have you an idea ?

Thx
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Akasha.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Add secondary storage fail 1 year 11 months ago #9893

• Akasha
  • Junior Boarder
I made screenshot of my conf on the web interface, i hope you can help me !
Attachments:

Re: Add secondary storage fail 1 year 11 months ago #9895

• Nitin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Plz paste the results of the following
Can you run the queries below and check the status below.
select * from template_host_ref where template_id=<template_id>
select * from host where type='SecondaryStorageVM'

Re: Add secondary storage fail 1 year 11 months ago #9898

• Akasha
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you for the answer,

I made the 2 sql requests but for the second " select * from host where type='SecondaryStorageVM' " i have no result, so i made another request " select id, name , uuid,status from host ;"

Thx

Edit : I execute a netstat -antp on the http_server and i have no connection with the nfs_server when i had an iso/Template.In fact i just come to test with a wrong http adress and i have no error, the template is seen like add whereas the http adress is wrong ... T_T
Attachments:

Re: Add secondary storage fail 1 year 11 months ago #9915

• Akasha
  • Junior Boarder
It possible that the problem come from to the no-installation of the cloudstack agent ? I doubt because in the "cloudstack install guide" the installation of this is necessary only for the KVM hypervisor and i have an vmware hypervisor (esx 4.1) ?! Maybe I have not understand something ..

I take another screenshot of secondary storage configuration. we can see the secondary storage enable but the storage seem to rest at 0 Kb in the zone "Ressource tab"
Attachments:

Re: Add secondary storage fail 1 year 11 months ago #9917

• Akasha
  • Junior Boarder
I show you the management server log when I tried to add a Template.
2012-03-30 07:01:52,670 WARN  [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (DirectAgent-22:null) Cleanup failed due to StartCommand failed due to Exception: java.lang.Exception
Message: Failed to get the mounted datastore for the volume's pool 24b85ef1-f41d-3389-882a-1e6df2bc3317
2012-03-30 07:01:52,670 WARN  [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:null) Cleanup failed due to StartCommand failed due to Exception: java.lang.Exception
Message: Failed to get the mounted datastore for the volume's pool 24b85ef1-f41d-3389-882a-1e6df2bc3317
2012-03-30 07:01:52,674 INFO  [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:null) Unable to start VM on Host[-1-Routing] due to StartCommand failed due to Exception: java.lang.Exception
2012-03-30 07:01:52,957 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:null) VM state transitted from :Starting to Stopped with event: OperationFailedvm's original host id: null new host id: null host id before state transition: 1
2012-03-30 07:01:52,964 WARN  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:null) Exception while trying to start console proxy
com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to create a deployment for VM[ConsoleProxy|v-2-VM]Scope=interface com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
com.cloud.exception.InsufficientAddressCapacityException: Insufficient address capacityScope=interface com.cloud.dc.Pod; id=1
2012-03-30 07:02:19,111 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:null) VM state transitted from :Starting to Stopped with event: OperationFailedvm's original host id: null new host id: null host id before state transition: 1
2012-03-30 07:02:19,119 WARN  [storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:null) Exception while trying to start secondary storage vm
com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to create a deployment for VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-7-VM]Scope=interface com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
2012-03-30 07:02:19,122 INFO  [storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:null) Unable to start secondary storage vm for standby capacity, secStorageVm vm Id : 7, will recycle it and start a new one
[root@localhost management]#
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Open@Citrix

Citrix supports the open source community via developer support and evangeslism. We have a number of developers and evangelists that participate actively in the open source community in Apache Cloudstack, OpenDaylight, Xen Project and XenServer. We also conduct educational activities via the Build A Cloud events held all over the world. 

Connect