Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Archived CloudStack Forums for reference purposes please direct all future inquiries to the Apache CloudStack mailing lists.

incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/mailing-lists.html

TOPIC: CS 3.0 - KVM CentOS 6.2 Network eth0 not finding virtio_net

CS 3.0 - KVM CentOS 6.2 Network eth0 not finding virtio_net 1 year 8 months ago #9774

• sparks1331
  • Junior Boarder
1. Created an instance (no GUI)from a CentOS 6.2 ISO. Got it up and running, network humming along. When I run #setup on the vm, the network device configuration shows: eth0 (eth0) - virtio_net. All is working fine.

2. I take a snapshot of this working VM, then create a template from the snapshot. All fine and good.

3. I create a new instance from the new template and start it up. When it comes up eth0 is not working. (#service restart network) results in an error saying that "eth0 does not seem to be present". So I run #setup on the new instance and when I look at the network device configuration is shows: eth0 (eth0) - Ethernet.

In Summary:
On the first VM that works, the network device configuration shows: eth0 (eth0) - virtio_net
On the second VM that does not work, the Net device Config shows: eth0 (eth0) - Ethernet

Any ideas why my new template is not connecting the eth0 correctly?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CS 3.0 - KVM CentOS 6.2 Network eth0 not finding virtio_net 1 year 8 months ago #9790

• chirauki
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi,

Try deleting /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent_net.rules and reboot. See if it picks eth right.

thx
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ke4qqq
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds

Open@Citrix

Citrix supports the open source community via developer support and evangeslism. We have a number of developers and evangelists that participate actively in the open source community in Apache Cloudstack, OpenDaylight, Xen Project and XenServer. We also conduct educational activities via the Build A Cloud events held all over the world. 

Connect